AcupunctureAcupuncture is one of the main components which make up Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine and involves the insertion of thin sterile needles into specific points in order to cause a therapeutic effect.
There are 12 regular meridians and 8 extraordinary meridians which make up the commonly used acupuncture points used in veterinary medicine.
Acupuncture can produce the following effects:
- Pain relief
- Promotion of tissues healing
- Regulation of GI motility
- Anti-inflammatory effects
- Hormone and Reproductive regulation
- Musculoskeletal problems: muscle soreness/pain, back pain, arthritis, and degenerative joint disease
- Neurological disorders: seizures, Intervertebral Disc Disease, Wobblers
- Gastrointestinal Disorders: diarrhea, vomiting
- Chronic conditions: skin problems, geriatric weakness, Cushing's disease
- Quality of life, cancer and end of life care
If you have any questions, or would like to book an appointment, please call us at (825) 882-2282.